Thursday, October 29, 2009

Updates...

No pictures this time, just some quick updates about what's been going on in our crazy lives... I can't believe how busy we are this time of year. I feel like I can barely keep my head above water. Only 3.5 weeks left until vacation! YAY! Much needed time away of rest and relaxation. We can't wait!

Anyway - one of the most recent developments in our lives is Jason's dad's diagnosis of cancer. There is a long drawn out name of the type but basically he has a tumor at the very top of his throat back behind his nose. A PET scan is being done next week to see if the cancer has spread. If it hasn't, the prognosis is very good. He will have radiation everyday for 2 months with chemotherapy 1 time each week in order to dissolve the walnut sized tumor. This is a scary time for our family but we rest in the fact that we serve a good God who will get us through. Please keep us in your prayers as we wait to know what's going to happen next.

In other news, the kids are growing like weeds. Carli and Ella are both on the move. They are pulling up to a standing position and they are such a blast... However, sleeping has become a battle again. For some reason neither girl feels sleep is a needed item in life. They go to bed screaming everytime lately and that is really starting to stress me out. I dread naptime and bedtime knowing that a screaming match between the two is going to develop. I am really hoping that stops soon! At least they have the sweetest smiles ever and are such a joy to be around all the other times of the day. :) It more than makes up for the bad times.

Micah and Addi are still fabulous. They are each others best playmate and worst enemy and it amazes me how fast the transition between the two can happen. It often reminds me of how Jerrad and I operated as kids. My poor mom... ;) They are brilliant though and I am totally loving the stages they are in. Micah has the BEST imagination. School is bringing out so many great qualities in him and I love seeing him grow and change. The thing we are working with on him right now is being a leader. He is very easy to influence and I am trying to teach him that what other people think or do really doesn't matter. Its a work in process. Addison on the other hand, marches to the beat of her own drummer. She couldn't care less what other people do or think. She does what she wants. :) This also reminds me of me. She is such a sweetheart though and her favorite past time lately is helping me out.

Jason and I are still busy at work and church. The days of the week go by too quickly but we feel we do make a difference...most of the time. :) We are loving fall! Its both of our favorite time of year. I spent most of the morning today raking leaves into a huge pile. It was hard work but I did enjoy the exercise (long after the fact...).

I hope to post pictures soon. My brother just took our family pictures and the girls 8 month pictures. They are great and I can't wait to share them with you! I'll also have pictures to post from Halloween next week so be sure to check it out!

~Brandi

1 comment: