Time. There never seems to be enough of it these days. I have been hoping to find more of it as the days go by but alas, that never happens and the days turn to months turn to years and moments just fly by. Take this photo for instance:
This picture was taken in 2009. So much time has passed since then, but I still remember this moment like it was yesterday. It was a regular Sunday occurrence for Grandma Huls to read to the kiddos as we waited for Sunday dinner to be ready. They loved it because they got precious attention from her and she loved spending the time with them (and the chance to read aloud and keep her mind sharp - double blessing). But here we are about 4 years later and the girls are huge, Grandma is enjoying Jesus (and is greatly missed) and Micah and Addison are going to be driving cars and heading to college tomorrow... At least that is what it feels like. Time marches on relentlessly and there is nothing we can do to stop it.
Fast forward to 2013 and I am currently learning to treasure time as the precious commodity it is. I'm learning to live in the moment and make each one count. I'm trying to find ways to build into my husband and children with great purpose and intention. Its a constant struggle as so many things battle for the precious minutes I have each day. Taking a minute to sit down and write this blog for instance was a struggle as I have about 30 other things I want to do. But now? Its checked off the list for another week and I'm about to take each kiddo for a walk around the block, one by one. I can't wait!
See you next time! Until then...Make each moment count!

What a precious memory for the kids- I'm glad you have the picture to help them remember.
ReplyDelete