Sunday, March 21, 2010

Only in Michigan...


Can you have weather that is like this one day....
And like this the next...

But we do love it here. :) Variety is the spice of life right?? I have prided myself in not really complaining about the weather this year but I do have to say that I am hoping spring is really right around the corner.

Since its been awhile since I posted I thought I would give a quick update about each of the kids.

Micah starts soccer this week. He is super excited about it and I'm hoping it goes well. If you know anything about Micah, you know he is a perfectionist and easily gets frustrated when he can't do something right the first time. I'm interested to see how his first practice goes since he already thinks he knows how to play soccer. I think he'll get frustrated learning that there is more to it than just kicking a ball as hard as he can. It will be a great learning experience I'm sure. In other news, Micah is reading now! READING! I can't believe it. He is also able to tell time on a clock with hands, count money, and do math problems. Who knew you learned so much in kindergarten? I hear that "kindergarten is the new first grade" and would definitely agree. But Micah LOVES it! He is doing fantastically and his teacher adores him (and he her). Its so crazy to realize how big my "baby" boy is!

Addison is looking forward to summer. She loves being outside and goes out as much as she can. She misses Micah terribly when he's at school so she is really looking forward to having him be done with school for the year. Addi is going to go to Northpointe next year for preschool. She is looking forward to having the same teachers that Micah had there for preschool too. She is a great big sister and loves playing with the girls during the day. She is a HUGE helper and has a servant's heart. She is always looking for a way to help and I have to do my best to try and allow her to help. In many cases I could do the job myself twice as fast but I really want to encourage her to keep helping others. She has an amazing memory and is doing a great job memorizing her verses for Wednesday night Team KID. She also is mastering cutting with scissors and making smiling faces on her people...She is even writing her own name already!! Addison brings us so much joy and makes me smile ALL the time!
Carli is changing every day. She is a go getter and is learning new words and tasks all the time. She can say, "Mama, Dada, Ball, Bath, and Hi" for sure. Jason says she says other words too but I don't know that they are consistently said so I don't count them yet. ;) She is basically running everywhere now and understands "commands" and can do what she is told. She plays ball with me and loves to look at books. It cracks me up when I hear her "reading" out loud. I must say though that she also is a small tornado around this house. Between her and Ella there is always a mess to clean up. And if the house is quiet you had better quickly find out why... :) The other day I couldn't find her and this is where she was...
...NEVER a dull moment!! But she has a smile and a laugh that completely melt your heart so all the hard work is worth it!

My baby girl is such a joy! Only a baby by a minute but still my last born. Ella is a bit behind Carli in her communication skills so I am challenging her in that area. She is a climber though and loves to climb on chairs and tables. She will climb the shelves in her room if you aren't quick enough to stop her. I think its safe to say that what she lacks in talking she is making up for in motor skills. :) She loves playing with Little People and can stack 3 block towers all on her own. She loves to clean up which makes this Mommy smile. The other day I wanted her to build with me and all she could do was put the blocks away... I think I might have created a monster! SO fun!!
This past weekend we enjoyed a great deal of time as a family. Friday night we had pizza and movie night. The kids picked out G Force which actually made me laugh out loud. Then on Saturday we went to Meijer Gardens to see the butterflies. The kids had a great time. We've also played many games and just enjoyed being all together. Its a great start to a new week! Here are a few more pictures for you to enjoy!

Sugar and Spice... So accurate right?! :)
Such cuties! I think they are each others best friend and worst enemy!

Ella - Such a precious picture! I LOVE it!!

Carli is climbing now too! On baskets! I think I took this picture right before she fell off and hit her head on the floor! She got right back up and tried again.

I hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as we did. Have a great week and HAPPY SPRING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment