Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Winds of Change...

...Are blowing our way. This month has brought about several changes in the Alexander house. Here's the latest edition of our family news. :)
As stated in the last post, Jason and I celebrated 8 years of marriage on the 7th. We had a great time looking back at the past 8 years worth of "highlights" during our dinner out and were amazed at how much God has blessed our family. He is so good!

Jason and I in Grand Haven on our Annivesary

I (Brandi) started a new position at the Council. While my title of Healthy Start Manager is staying the same, my job description is changing dramatically as I take over program management for the entire Healthy Start program. Most of you have no idea what that means so I'll just say that its a promotion and its a new challenge that I am very excited about. I will continue to be part time though so I am thankful that I have an employer who values family and allows me to have a flexible work schedule.

The kids are growing and changing every day. Its amazing to watch them grow up!

Aren't they cute?!

Carli and Ella began eating solid foods last week. We started rice cereal last Thursday and they have LOVED it. Carli is still getting the hang of "eating" food and not spitting it, but over all she eats more than she spits so I am happy. :) As a result of starting cereal, the little ladies are now SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have FINALLY reached this milestone. It only took 2 months longer than with Micah or Addi but we are there! Its such a blessing to have them sleeping and thus have me sleeping! :) I feel so great most days that I actually even exercise! After a few days of the cereal, we have also introduced carrots and the girls have really enjoyed that as well. Its so fun to watch them eat and enjoy it. We have a well baby check up in a few weeks and I am looking forward to seeing how much they have grown. Both girls are able to roll both directions now as well as sit with very little support for a few moments at a time. Ella is "mobile" as she "inches" backwards all over the place. She never stays where you put her and it cracks me up. Carli on the other hand, hasn't figured this out yet and is content to stay in one place for several minutes at a time. Its so funny how different they are!

Ella (top) and Carli (above) enjoying rice cereal for the first time
Ella (top) and Carli (above) enjoying carrots, too!

Addison is now riding a "big girl bike" (aka Micah's old bike with training wheels). She is doing fantastic! She calls it her motorcycle and I often wonder if my little girl will ever want to be a princess instead of a biker... :) She does have her girly moments though and actually took her dolls outside to play in the dirt the other day. Something else to make you smile about Addison... We were having a conversation about dying the other day (don't ask how we got on this subject because I don't know but with Addison anything is possible) and I asked her where she was going to go when she died. With out missing a beat her reply was, "Florida". Period. End of discussion. So cute!

Addison!

Micah is getting ready to start to school. He is working through a work book here at home this summer and is showing terrific improvement in his writing and comprehension skills. He has also learned to catch a ball with his baseball glove (which will make his older cousins proud) and is working on his backyard baseball skills. He is so much fun because as he gets older the conversations he has are more in depth and even more challenging to me. He brings so much joy to our house and is a GREAT help with all three girls. We really are so blessed!

Micah

Jason insists there are no winds blowing and that time is going to stand still soon. :) He is the more nostalgic of the two of us and its really hard for him to watch the kids grow up. He says it makes him feel old, to which I reply, "You are." :) I love him! He causes me to stop and smell the roses from time to time and is such a healthy balance of all that I am not.

I think that's it for this post. I plan to do one more tonight but since it will post above this one in the feed, you'll probably read it first! :)

Smile!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!
    I just found your blog off of the Bergwerff blog. Now I can stalk you on the internet! :)
    Your family is beautiful and you are doing such a great job as a mom. (I'm not surprised!)
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete