Thursday, May 31, 2012

Circus Life?!


For the past three years I have stated to those close to me that life is like a circus at our house.  I'm usually not exaggerating as you never know what you're going to get day to day.  Its always an adventure.  Always something loud, crazy, and hyper.  And I. LOVE. IT.  Even when I hate it, I still love it.

Take lunchtime today for instance, my mom came for lunch.  We had grilled cheese and tomato soup (since Michigan is having a psyco moment and thinks its fall in May).  Through out the course of the meal, I had to put one child in timeout, had to fix 3 plates, had to get up more times than I could count, deal with crackers in a child's hair, spilled food, you get the picture.  But lunch was great and we enjoyed each others company.  After lunch, I began making cookies and my mom started cleaning up.  The girls went into the living room to play.  Shouts of joy and screeches of delight were coming from the living room along with several thuds.  My mom looked at me and said, "Do you hear that?"  I said, "Hear what? The craziness of my life?" :)  But it was a joyous crazy and I had no desire to make it stop (until someone got hurt and that changed it up a bit).   And at this very moment, there is more romping and laughing and fun in the next room.  The kitchen is a mess.  Dinner isn't started.  Jason just called and said he's running 45 minutes late.  Its craziness again!  However, I have found that I am pretty used to it and it doesn't phase me anymore... Until someone else is here... :)  Then I wonder if I'm just as crazy as the rest of my "little" cast...

And thus, "This Crazy Circus Life" was born.  It really is a much more fitting name for the antics of our family.  It describes perfectly those moments when people stare in the store or ask "are they all yours?" or when I am at the end of my rope and look at my sweet love and he starts humming a circus theme song.  We have decided life is short and that we aren't going to sweat the small stuff anymore.  The moto around our house is LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE.  And we are intending to do all of those to the fullest (despite the crazy chaos) and I look forward to sharing the 3 rings of our life with you.  Of course, just like the circus, its not always excitement and fun (someone has to scoop the poop) but at least we have each other!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...CHILDREN OF ALL AGES.... Are you ready for the show?! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back on here! I like the new look! :)

    ReplyDelete