God has been teaching me a lot lately. One of the things that He has really brought home to my head and heart over the past week or so is that I need to be content with who He has made me to be and the life He has given me. There are many days when I look around me and see a more nicely decorated house (who has time for this anyway?!), a better car, children who do what they are told and don't fight (I would like to know the trick to this one however), even a friend who can actually keep up their blog and think to myself, "Why can't I be more like ________?" "Why am I such a failure at ___________?" This is where the teaching began. I have learned that God wants me to be me. Not them - whoever them may be. I think of Paul and how he was content in a prison cell and think that my life is really pretty cushy in comparison. God has blessed me immensely and I am going to strive to be happy with who He has made to me be and what He has given me for this side of eternity. That might mean the blog doesn't get updated or the house doesn't get cleaned or that I don't have time to read a book but it does mean that I will be LIVING and ENJOYING life. Ahhhh.....Such freedom! God is SO good and I am so thankful for His continued teaching in my life.
My sweet blessings....
Carli - who hates having her picture taken lately and will run in the opposite direction every time you try. This was a luck shot and its the best I have from her as of late. :)
Ella - who loves the camera although thinks she HAS to say "cheese" every single time and that leaves for some interesting smiles...
Precious Addi Girl
Micah Boy
And all my greatest blessings in one basket...or crate! :)
We enjoyed having your girls today! They sure are cute. :)
ReplyDeleteI think most people struggle with contentment. I know I do. I'll pray for you and you pray for me, okay? Godliness with contentment is great gain. Love you Brandi! (Great pic of the kids at the top, by the way)
amen, brandi! i have also been struggling with the balance between contentment and 'keeping up.' i do agree that the good Lord really wants us to enjoy the blessings he has granted us. I will pray that you are able to do this with a calm, unquestioning heart. love ya, alexanders!!
ReplyDelete