Both kiddos were super excited to get back to school. I was excited for routine to be back in place. I love summer but the "free" time gets to be almost too much at our house and the structure of school is welcomed come September. Plus I love Fall. Its my most favorite time of year.
Friday, September 9, 2011
Time for School to Start...Another Year to Grow!
And so another school year begins! We are still so thankful to God that he provided Micah with the opportunity to get into our Charter school two years ago. What a blessing it has been in our lives as we have developed friendships, been blessed with Godly teachers, and have watched Micah (and now Addison) grow so much from what he learns mentally, socially, and even spiritually there.
Both kiddos were super excited to get back to school. I was excited for routine to be back in place. I love summer but the "free" time gets to be almost too much at our house and the structure of school is welcomed come September. Plus I love Fall. Its my most favorite time of year.
Micah is starting 2nd grade this year. He is looking forward to recess when he gets to play with his buddies since all but one of them are in classes other than his. One thing I really love about Excel is that the kids really get to know each other because once they start Kindergarten very rarely does anyone new join their grade. The kids they start with are the kids they finish with for the most part. I can already see how they are forming lasting friendships. And its great for the parents because you really get to know the whole class of students.
Addison was super excited to start Kindergarten in KinderBay! She makes certain that I call it by KinderBay and that its not just Kindergarten. Her room has an ocean theme and in addition to all the educational foundations of kindergarten, they learn a great deal about the ocean. Addi has the same teacher that Micah had and for that I am thankful. We love her and I know she is going to be great for my sweet (and often shy) little girl.

Check out this picture! They are ALL looking at the camera and smiling! Its amazing! Maybe I should try taking our Christmas picture at 7 am with everyone in their PJs. :)

Here they both are, sitting at their desks and ready to learn! I am very excited to see what this year holds. How will Micah like 2nd grade? How will he grow and change? How is Addison going to do in Kindergarten? Will she make good friends and learn to read this year? So much ahead! I look forward to seeing what's next!
Both kiddos were super excited to get back to school. I was excited for routine to be back in place. I love summer but the "free" time gets to be almost too much at our house and the structure of school is welcomed come September. Plus I love Fall. Its my most favorite time of year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment