Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Addison Mae!!

My sweet Addi Mae turned 3 years old today! We had a wonderful day spending time with out of town relatives, playing in the park downtown, and eating lots and lots of food. :) In our family, the tradition is that the birthday person gets to pick where we eat for dinner. Addi decided that her place of choice would be "McDonalds with a play place". Not the fanciest of dinners but right up Addison's alley. She had a blast and the rest of us enjoyed watching her and Micah have so much fun. We also went out to breakfast with my Aunt Patty and her gang and out to lunch with my in-laws - like I said we ate lots and lots of food.

Its amazing to me that 3 years have passed since this little bundle of joy entered our family. I think back to where I was at this time then and I remember being so thankful that God had allowed Addi to be part of our family. For those of you who don't know, Addi, who is quite the head strong young lady, has been that way since birth. During labor, Addi decided that she wanted a more exciting entrance into the world and because of cord issues, we ended up having an emergency C-section. It was quite the ordeal and Addi and I could have both had some serious issues had the doctors not made the right call that day. Looking back I never feared for her life, I knew God was going to deliver her safely. I say it was the peace of God transcending the chaos, and while Jason believes that too, he also says I had the help of some pretty good drugs to bring that peace along. :) Since that day, I can honestly say there has never been a dull moment at our house. Addison brings so much life and enthusiasm to our home! She is fantastic and gives the best hugs and kisses of any 3 year old I know. Right now she is in bed and finally settling down from crying because "now my birthday is all done... No more birthday for me... Why does my birthday have to be done? Now I'm not the birthday girl anymore!". Can we say drama??? :) And definitely never a dull moment... :)


Happy birthday, baby girl!!
We love you SO much!!
PS - The crying finally stopped when she learned that our friend Mimi gets to be the birthday girl tomorrow. Now she is excited for that party... I think she just loves cake. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment