Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kid News

Its been a few posts since I gave general kid updates. So in case you are wondering what they are up to, here is the latest on my "kid news". :)

Micah
Micah is currently enjoying the summer days out riding his bike and playing with his friend Aiden. He LOVES being outside and I LOVE that he loves it. He keeps very busy all the time which makes me exhausted. :) Micah is such a joy! He has learned to ride a two wheel bike fantastically and finds his thrills speeding down the hill on our street. He misses being in school I think as some days he seems stir crazy and bored. I continue to challenge him though and his art and reading skills are improving all the time. SO fun! I can't believe how old he is! The latest realization of his age came today when he moved into a different area of the children's wing at church. He is no longer in the pre-school pod! He was excited and I was a bit sad. They really do grow up so fast!
Addison
Addison (as you can tell from the previous post) has developed quite the personality lately. She has always been strong willed and has always danced to the beat of her own drummer but she cracks me up lately. She is so intelligent and does a great job keeping up with Micah. Sometimes I forget she is only 2. I have recently heard myself quote to both Micah and Jason, "Remember, Addi is only 2." I don't want her to grow up too fast! Some of her favorite things lately are riding her tricycle (which she has learned to peddle!!) and digging holes in the dirt. She loves Curious George and Super Why and her favorite color is orange or blue (although it does change frequently). She LOVES to sing and will make up a song about anything. Its so funny to listen to her sometimes. She would much rather sing something she has made up over anything she hears on the radio. Addi is such a sweet blessing!

Carli
Carli is 4 months old and loves to squeal and laugh. You can always count on her to give you the biggest smile. She is very laid back and hardly ever really cries. She tends to just grunt or whine a bit but doesn't get loud unless there's a real reason for it. She is GREAT at tummy time and loves playing on the floor. She can roll from tummy to back with no problems and is getting very, very close to going the other way too. Micah and Addi make her light up like no one else and she loves to chew on her stuffed hippo.

Ella
My baby! She really is technically my youngest child and she usually is the neediest. :) My mom likes to say that Ella can go from 0-60 in 2 seconds flat. Its true. She can be the happiest baby one minute and screaming her head off the next. When El wants something, she wants it NOW! She makes you work for her smiles so when you get them, they are a real treat. Ella rolls both directions now so we have to watch where we put her. She is a mover and hardly ever holds still. Both girls are such fun! I can't wait to see what God has in store for them!

So that's the latest from the Alexander household. I think I wrote this as much for me as anything else. I have found that this blog is really my journal of sorts and when I look back I think this post will really hold some great memories of this snapshot of our lives. :)

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Great update! I love the pictures. The one of Ella makes me smile. (They all do, really!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete